55337 Introduction to Programming
5 Days | Price: $3,275In this 5-day course, students will learn the basics of computer programming through the use of Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 and the Visual C# and Visual Basic programming languages. The course assumes no prior programming experience and introduces the concepts needed to progress to the intermediate courses on programming, Programming in C#. This course covers content in retired Microsoft Course 10975.
Learning ObjectivesAfter completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain core programming fundamentals such as computer storage and processing.
- Explain computer number systems such as binary.
- Create and use variables and constants in programs.
- Explain how to create and use functions in a program.
- Create and use decisions structures in a computer program.
- Create and use repetition (loops) in a computer program.
- Explain pseudocode and its role in programming.
- Explain the basic computer data structures such as arrays, lists, stacks, and queues.
- Implement object-oriented programming concepts.
- Create and use classes in a computer program.
- Implement encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Describe the base class library (BCL) in the .NET Framework.
- Explain the application security concepts.
- Implement simple I/O in a computer program.
- Identify application errors and explain how to debug an application and handle errors.
- Identify the performance considerations for applications.
1 - Module 1: Introduction to Core Programming Concepts
- Computer Data Storage and Processing
- Application Types
- Application Lifecycle
- Code Compilation
2 - Module 2: Core Programming Language Concepts
- Data Types
- Variables and Constants
3 - Module 3: Program Flow
- Introduction to Structured Programming Concepts
- Introduction to Branching
- Using Functions
- Using Decision Structures
- Introducing Repetition
4 - Module 4: Algorithms and Data Structures
- Understand How to Write Pseudocode
- Algorithm Examples
- Introduction to Data Structures
5 - Module 5: Error Handling and Debugging
- Introduction to Program Errors
- Introduction to Structured Error Handling
- Introduction to Debugging
6 - Module 6: Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Introduction to Complex Structures
- Introduction to Structs
- Introduction to Classes
- Introducing Encapsulation
7 - Module 7: More Object-Oriented Programming
- Introduction to Inheritance
- Introduction to Polymorphism
- Introduction to .NET and the Base Class Library
8 - Module 8: Introduction to Application Security
- Authentication and Authorization
- Code Permissions on Computers
- Introducing Code Signing
9 - Module 9: Core I/O Programming
- Using Console I/O
- Using File I/O
10 - Module 10: Application Performance and Memory Management
- Value Types vs Reference Types
- Converting Types
- The Garbage Collector
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.