55343 Networking with Windows Server 2016
5 Days | Price: $3,275This course provides the fundamental networking skills required to deploy and support Windows Server in most organizations. It covers IP fundamentals, remote access technologies, and more advanced content including Software Defined Networking. Although this course and the associated labs are written for Windows Server 2022, the skills taught will also be backwards compatible for Server 2016 and Server 2019. This course covers content that was in retired Microsoft Course 20741.
Learning ObjectivesAfter completing this course, you will be able to:
- Plan and implement an IPv4 network.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement and manage IP address management (IPAM).
- Plan for remote access.
- Implement DirectAccess.
- Implement virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement networking for branch offices.
- Configure advanced networking features.
- Implement Software Defined Networking.
1 - Module 1: Planning and implementing an IPv4 network
- Planning IPv4 addressing
- Configuring an IPv4 host
- Managing and troubleshooting IPv4 network connectivity
2 - Module 2: Implementing DHCP
- Overview of the DHCP server role
- Deploying DHCP
- Managing and troubleshooting DHCP
3 - Module 3: Implementing IPv6
- Overview of IPv6 addressing
- Configuring an IPv6 host
- Implementing IPv6 and IPv4 coexistence
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
4 - Module 4: Implementing DNS
- Implementing DNS servers
- Configuring zones in DNS
- Configuring name resolution between DNS zones
- Configuring DNS integration with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Configuring advanced DNS settings
5 - Module 5: Implementing and managing IPAM
- Overview of IPAM
- Deploying IPAM
- Managing IP address spaces by using IPAM
6 - Module 6: Remote access in Windows Server
- Overview of remote access
- Implementing the Web Application Proxy
7 - Module 7: Implementing DirectAccess
- Overview of DirectAccess
- Implementing DirectAccess by using the Getting Started Wizard
- Implementing and managing an advanced DirectAccess infrastructure
8 - Module 8: Implementing VPNs
- Planning VPNs
- Implementing VPNs
9 - Module 9: Implementing networking for branch offices
- Networking features and considerations for branch offices
- Implementing Distributed File System (DFS) for branch offices
- Implementing BranchCache for branch offices
10 - Module 10: Configuring advanced networking features
- Overview of high-performance networking features
- Configuring advanced Microsoft Hyper-V networking features
11 - Module 11: Implementing Software Defined Networking
- Overview of SDN.
- Implementing network virtualization
- Implementing Network Controller
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.