|Dec 11, 2023 9:00AM|
|Feb 26, 2024 9:00AM|
|May 20, 2024 9:00AM|
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Certification (CASP+) (Exam CAS-004)
5 Days | Price: $3,295This course is for students who are preparing for the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) certification exam CAS-003. In this course, students will expand their knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles. Students will apply critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement sustainable security solutions that map to organizational strategies; translate business needs into security requirements; support IT governance and risk management; architect security for hosts, networks, and software; respond to security incidents; and more. This course may earn a Credly Badge.
Learning ObjectivesIn this course students will gain knowledge in:
- Supporting IT Governance and Risk Management
- Leveraging Collaboration to Support Security
- Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
- Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
- Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
- Implementing Security Controls for Mobile Devices
- Implementing Network Security
- Implementing Security in the Systems and Software Development Lifecycle
- Integrating Assets in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Conducting Security Assessments
- Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
1 - Perform Risk Management Activities
- Topic 1A Explain Risk Assessment Methods Exam objectives covered 4.1 Given a set of requirements, apply the appropriate risk strategies
- Topic 1B Summarize the Risk Lifecycle Exam objectives covered 4.1 Given a set of requirements, apply the appropriate risk strategies
- Topic 1C Assess & Mitigate Vendor Risk Exam objectives covered 4.2 Explain the importance of managing and mitigating vendor risk.
2 - Summarizing Governance & Compliance Strategies
- Topic 2A Meet Cloud Identifying Critical Data Assets Exam objectives covered 4.3 Explain compliance frameworks and legal considerations, and their organizational impact.
- Topic 2B Design Compare and Contrast Regulation, Accreditation, and Standards Exam objectives covered 4.3 Explain compliance frameworks and legal considerations, and their organizational impact.
- Topic 2C Explain Legal Considerations & Contract Types Exam objectives covered 4.3 Explain compliance frameworks and legal considerations, and their organizational impact.
3 - Implementing Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Topic 3A Explain the Role of Business Impact Analysis Exam objectives covered: 4.4 Explain the importance of business continuity and disaster recovery concepts.
- Topic 3B Assess Disaster Recovery Plans Exam objectives covered 4.4 Explain the importance of business continuity and disaster recovery concepts.
- Topic 3C Explain Testing and Readiness Activities Exam objectives covered 4.4 Explain the importance of business continuity and disaster recovery concepts.
4 - Identifying Infrastructure Services
- Topic 4A Explain Critical Network Services Exam objectives covered 1.1 Given a scenario, analyze the security requirements and objectives to ensure an appropriate, secure network architecture for a new or existing network.
- Topic 4B Explain Defensible Network Design Exam objectives covered 1.1 Given a scenario, analyze the security requirements and objectives to ensure an appropriate, secure network architecture for a new or existing network.
- Topic 4C Implement Durable Infrastructures Exam objectives covered 1.2 Given a scenario, analyze the organizational requirements to determine the proper infrastructure security design.
5 - Performing Software Integration
- Topic 5A Explain Secure Integration Activities Exam objectives covered 1.3 Given a scenario, integrate software applications securely into an enterprise architecture.
- Topic 5B Assess Software Development Activities Exam objectives covered 1.3 Given a scenario, integrate software applications securely into an enterprise architecture
- Topic 5C Analyze Access Control Models & Best Practices Exam objectives covered 1.5 Given a scenario, analyze the security requirements and objectives to provide the appropriate authentication and authorization controls.
- Topic 5D Analyze Development Models & Best Practices Exam objectives covered 1.4 Given a scenario, implement data security techniques for securing enterprise architecture.
6 - Explain Virtualization, Cloud, and Emerging Technology
- Topic 6A Explain Virtualization and Cloud Technology Exam objectives covered 1.6 Given a set of requirements, implement secure cloud and virtualization solutions
- Topic 6B Explain Emerging Technologies Exam objectives covered 1.8 Explain the impact of emerging technologies on enterprise security and privacy.
7 - Exploring Secure Configurations and System Hardening
- Topic 7A Analyze Enterprise Mobility Protections Exam objectives covered 3.1 Given a scenario, apply secure configurations to enterprise mobility
- Topic 7B Implement Endpoint Protection Exam objectives covered 3.2 Given a scenario, configure and implement endpoint security controls.
8 - Understanding Security Considerations of Cloud and Specialized Platforms
- Topic 8A Understand Impacts of Cloud Technology Adoption Exam objectives covered 3.4 Explain how cloud technology adoption impacts organizational security.
- Topic 8B Explain Security Concerns for Sector-Specific Technologies Exam objectives covered 3.3 Explain security considerations impacting specific sectors and operational technologies.
9 - Implementing Cryptography
- Topic 9A Implementing Hashing and Symmetric Algorithms Exam objectives covered 3.6 Given a business requirement, implement the appropriate cryptographic protocols and algorithms.
- Topic 9B Implementing Appropriate Asymmetric Algorithms and Protocols Exam objectives covered
- 3.6 Given a business requirement, implement the appropriate cryptographic protocols and algorithms.
10 - Implementing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Topic 10A Analyze Objectives of Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Exam objectives covered 1.7 Explain how cryptography and public key infrastructure (PKI) support security objectives and requirements.
- Topic 10B Implementing Appropriate PKI Solutions Exam objectives covered 3.5 Given a business requirement, implement the appropriate PKI solution. 3.7 Given a scenario, troubleshoot issues with cryptographic implementations.
11 - Understanding Threat and Vulnerability Management Activities
- Topic 11A Explore Threat and Vulnerability Management Concepts Exam objectives covered
- 2.1 Given a scenario, perform threat management activities. 2.3 Given a scenario, perform vulnerability management activities.
- Topic 11B Explain Vulnerability and Penetration Test Methods Exam objectives covered 2.4 Given a scenario, use the appropriate vulnerability assessment and penetration testing methods and tools.
- Topic 11C Explain Technologies Designed to Reduce Risk Exam objectives covered 2.6 Given a scenario, use processes to reduce risk
12 - Developing Incident Response Capabilities
- Topic 12A Analyzing and Mitigating Vulnerabilities
- Exam objectives covered 2.5 Given a scenario, analyze vulnerabilities and recommend risk mitigations.
- Topic 12B Identifying and Responding to Indicators of Compromise Exam objectives covered 2.2 Given a scenario, analyze indicators of compromise and formulate an appropriate response. 2.7 Given an incident, implement the appropriate response.
- Topic 12C Exploring Digital Forensic Concepts Exam objectives covered 2.8 Explain the importance of forensic concepts. 2.9 Given a scenario, use forensic analysis tools.
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.