|Oct 11, 2023 9:00AM|
|Oct 30, 2023 9:00AM|
Microsoft Access – Part 1
1 Day | Price: $295Data is everywhere. Most job roles today involve some form of data management. Virtually everyone is affected in some way by the need to manage data. A relational database application such as Microsoft Access can help you and your organization with this task. This course is the first part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to perform database design and development in Access. Microsoft Access for Office 365: Part 1 (this course): Focuses on the design and construction of an Access database—viewing, navigating, searching, and entering data in a database, as well as basic relational database design and creating simple tables, queries, forms, and reports. This course may be a useful component in your preparation for the Microsoft Access Expert (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019): Exam MO-500 certification exam.
Learning ObjectivesIn this course, you will create and manage an Access database. You will:
- Navigate within the Access application environment, create a simple database, and customize Access configuration options.
- Organize and manage data stored within Access tables.
- Use queries to join, sort, and filter data from different tables.
- Use forms to make it easier to view, access, and input data.
- Create and format custom reports.
1 - Lesson 1: Working with an Access Database
- Topic A: Launch Access and Open a Database
- Topic B: Use Tables to Store Data
- Topic C: Use Queries to Combine, Find, Filter, and Sort Data
- Topic D: Use Forms to View, Add, and Update Data
- Topic E: Use Reports to Present Data
- Topic F: Get Help and Configure Options in Access
2 - Lesson 2: Creating Tables
- Topic A: Plan an Access Database
- Topic B: Start a New Access Database
- Topic C: Create a New Table
- Topic D: Establish Table Relationships
3 - Lesson 3: Creating Queries
- Topic A: Create Basic Queries
- Topic B: Add Calculated Columns in a Query
- Topic C: Sort and Filter Data in a Query
4 - Lesson 4: Creating Forms
- Topic A: Start a New Form
- Topic B: Enhance a Form
- Lesson 5: Creating Reports
- Topic A: Start a New Report
- Topic B: Enhance Report Layout