|Dec 11, 2023 9:00AM|
Microsoft Access – Part 2
1 Day | Price: $295In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design; promote quality input from users; improve database efficiency and promote data integrity; and implement advanced features in tables, queries, forms, and reports. Extending your knowledge of Access will result in a robust, functional database for your users. This course is the second part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to perform database design and development in Access. Microsoft Access for Office 365: Part 2 (this course): Focuses on optimization of an Access database, including optimizing performance and normalizing data; data validation; usability; and advanced queries, forms, and reports. This course may be a useful component in your preparation for the Microsoft Access Expert (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019): Exam MO-500 certification exam.
Learning ObjectivesIn this course, you will optimize an Access database. You will:
- Provide input validation features to promote the entry of quality data into a database.
- Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
- Improve the usability of Access tables.
- Create advanced queries to join and summarize data.
- Use advanced formatting and controls to improve form presentation.
- Use advanced formatting and calculated fields to improve reports.
Lesson 1: Promoting Quality Data Input
- Topic A: Restrict Data Input Through Field Validation
- Topic B: Restrict Data Input Through Forms and Record Validation
Lesson 2: Improving Efficiency and Data Integrity
- Topic A: Data Normalization
- Topic B: Associate Unrelated Tables
- Topic C: Enforce Referential Integrity
Lesson 3: Improving Table Usability
- Topic A: Create Lookups Within a Table
- Topic B: Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 4: Creating Advanced Queries
- Topic A: Create Query Joins
- Topic B: Create Subqueries
- Topic C: Summarize Data
Lesson 5: Improving Form Presentation
- Topic A: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Topic B: Create Tab Pages with Subforms and Other Controls
Lesson 6: Creating Advanced Reports
- Topic A: Apply Advanced Formatting to a Report
- Topic B: Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic C: Control Pagination and Print Quality
- Topic D: Add a Chart to a Report