|Dec 21, 2023 9:00AM|
|Oct 16, 2023 9:00AM|
Microsoft Project 2019/2021: Part 2
1 Day | Price: $435
Welcome to Microsoft® Project® 2019/2021: Part 2. This course is designed to familiarize you with some of the advanced features and functions of Microsoft Project so you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
In Microsoft® Project® 2019/2021: Part 1, you learned the basic features of Microsoft Project during the planning phase of a project. This course covers the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project. In other words, once your project plan is approved by the project sponsor, this course will enable you to manage the project so that it is completed on time, within budget, and according to scope.
Note: This course is for anyone who has Project on the desktop, regardless of whether they purchased an on-premise edition or subscribed to a cloud-based (online) edition. Most project managers and project team members use the desktop application, so that is the main focus of this course. The main features of the online app are presented in an appendix.
This material will benefit users of any current Office version. The classroom environment setup is based on Office 2019.
This course may earn a Credly Badge.
Learning ObjectivesIn this course, you will maintain project plans during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project.
- You will:
- Update a project plan.
- Generate project views to manage a project.
- Create project reports to share a projectâ€™s status.
- Reuse project plan information.
- Work with multiple projects.
1 - Updating a Project Plan
- Topic A: Enter Task Progress
- Topic B: Enter Overtime Work
- Topic C: Edit Tasks
- Topic D: Update Cost Rate Tables
- Topic E: Update a Baseline
2 - Viewing Project Progress
- Topic A: Use View Commands
- Topic B: Add a Custom Field
- Topic C: Create Custom Views
- Topic D: Format and Share the Timeline View
3 - Reporting on Project Progress
- Topic A: View Built-in Reports
- Topic B: Create Custom Reports
- Topic C: Create a Visual Report
4 - Reusing Project Plan Information
- Topic A: Create a Project Plan Template
- Topic B: Share Project Plan Elements with Other Plans
5 - Working with Multiple Projects
- Topic A: Share Resources
- Topic B: Link Project Plans
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.