|Jun 7, 2023 9:00AM|
|Nov 1, 2023 9:00AM|
Microsoft Word – Part 1
1 Day | Price: $295These days, most people take electronic word processing for granted. While we may still write out our grocery lists with pen and paper, we expect to use a computer to create the majority of our documents. It's impossible to avoid word-processing software in many areas of the business world. Managers, lawyers, clerks, reporters, and editors rely on this software to do their jobs. Whether you are an executive secretary or a website designer, you'll need to know the ins and outs of electronic word processing. Microsoft® Word is designed to help you move smoothly through the task of creating professional-looking documents. Its rich features and powerful tools can make your workeasy, and even fun. In this course, you'll learn how to use Word on the desktop to create and edit simple documents; format documents; add tables and lists; add design elements and layout options; and proof documents. Note: Most Office users perform the majority of their daily tasks using the desktop version of the Office software, so that is the focus of this training. The course material will also enable you to access and effectively utilize many web-based resources provided with your Microsoft 365 subscription. This includes brief coverage of key skills for using Word for the Web and OneDrive. Helpful notes throughout the material alert you to cases where the online version of the application may function differently from the primary, desktop version. This course may be a useful component in your preparation for the Microsoft Word (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019): Exam MO-100 and Microsoft Word Expert (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019): Exam MO-101 certification exams.
Learning ObjectivesIn this course, you will learn fundamental Word skills. You will:
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
1 - Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
- Topic A: Navigate in Microsoft Word
- Topic B: Create and Save Word Documents
- Topic C: Edit Documents
- Topic D: Work with Word for the Web
2 - Lesson 2: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
- Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
- Topic B: Control Paragraph Layout
- Topic C: Align Text Using Tabs
- Topic D: Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
- Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
3 - Lesson 3: Working More Efficiently
- Topic A: Make Repetitive Edits
- Topic B: Apply Repetitive Formatting
- Topic C: Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
- Topic D: Customize the Word Environment
4 - Lesson 4: Managing Lists
- Topic A: Sort a List
- Topic B: Format a List
5 - Lesson 5: Adding Tables
- Topic A: Insert a Table
- Topic B: Modify a Table
- Topic C: Format a Table
- Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
6 - Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Topic B: Add Images to a Document
7 - Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
- Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Color
- Topic B: Add Headers and Footers
- Topic C: Control Page Layout
- Topic D: Add a Waterm
8 - Lesson 8: Preparing to Publish a Document
- Topic A: Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
- Topic B: Preview and Print Documents
- Topic C: Use Research Tools
- Topic D: Check Accessibility
- Topic E: Dictate Text in a Document
- Topic F: Save a Document to Other Form
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.