|Oct 18, 2023 11:00AM|
|Dec 5, 2023 9:00AM|
|Jun 3, 2024 9:00AM|
|Feb 20, 2024 9:00AM|
|Apr 15, 2024 11:00AM|
Project Management Essentials
3 Days | Price: $1,795
If you are taking this course, you probably have some exposure to managing projects, or you may be considering embarking on a career as a professional project manager. Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management on the job is becoming the standard to compete in today's fast-paced and highly technical workplace. In this course, you will apply the generally recognized practices of project management to successfully manage projects. Project managers are always under severe pressure to complete projects on time and within budget. However, most projects fail to meet these demands, and, as a result, many projects are terminated early. Successful project management requires knowledge and experience. This course is designed to provide you with the
In this course, you will apply recognized practices of project management to manage a project from start to finish.
- Identify the basic concepts of project management.
- Launch a project.
- Estimate project work.
- Create a project schedule.
- Plan project costs.
- Plan for project risks.
- Plan for project quality and compliance.
- Manage human and physical resources for the project.
- Manage project procurements.
- Plan for change management and monitor the project scope.
- Monitor and optimize project schedule and cost.
- Monitor the quality of the project work and the risks involved.
- Plan communication strategies and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Close a project.
1 Getting Started with Project Management
- Define Project Management Basics
- Identify Influencing Factors
- Define Project Management Certifications
2 Launching Projects
- How Organizations Choose the Right Project
- Identify Project Stakeholders and Their Expectations
- Authorize a Project
- Identify the Project Scope
3 Estimating Project Work
- Develop a WBS
- Identify the Relationships Between Work Packages
- Identify Resources
- Estimate Time
4 Creating a Project Schedule
- Develop a Project Schedule
- Create a Schedule Baseline
5 Planning Project Costs
- Establish Project Costs
- Establish the Cost Baseline
- Reconcile Funding and Costs
6 Planning for Risk
- Create a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Risks and Their Causes
- Analyze Risks
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
7 Planning for Quality and Compliance
- Deliver the Desired Project Results
- Verify Compliance Requirements
8 Managing the Project Team
- Plan Your Project Team
- Assemble the Team
- Develop the Team
- Manage the Team
9 Managing Project Procurements
- Plan for Project Procurements
- Obtain Responses from Vendors
- Select the Right Vendor
- Manage Vendors and Procurements
10 Managing Change During Project Execution
- Prepare for Project Execution
- Manage Project Changes
- Monitor the Project Scope
11 Monitoring and Controlling Project Schedule and Cost
- Monitor and Control the Project Schedule
- Optimize the Project Schedule
- Monitor and Control Project Cost
12 Monitoring and Controlling Risk and Quality
- Monitor and Control Risks
- Put Quality Plans into Action
- Control Project Quality
13 Communicating and Reporting
- Communicate During a Project
- Distribute Project Information
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
- Report on Project Performance
14 Closing the Project
- Deliver the Final Product
- Close Project Procurements
- Close the Project