|Dec 6, 2023 9:00AM|
|Jun 4, 2024 9:00AM|
|Mar 6, 2024 9:00AM|
SHRM Essentials of HR Management
2 Days | Price: $1,390
Gain the critical knowledge necessary to help reduce costs. avoid potential lawsuits. and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues. This program is ideal if you are just starting out in the HR profession. As an official Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Education Partner. New Horizons is proud to have Recertification Provider status. This course qualifies for 14 Professional Development Credits with SHRM.
This course may earn a Credly Badge.
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Build a solid foundation in human resource management.
- Discuss key pieces of federal legislation that impact HR.
- Understand the role of the EEOC and its investigatory process.
- Improve your employee recruitment and selection process to help avoid legal pitfalls.
- Understand the importance of effectively communicating base pay, incentive compensation, and benefits information to staff at all levels.
- Gain knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, and training and development.
- Learn the process, methods and purpose of performance appraisals.
1 - Human Resource Management
- The HR profession
- Strategic and human resource planning
2 - Employment Law
- Federal CEO legislation
- The EEOC and affirmative action
- Compensation legislation
- Other federal
3 - Recruitment and Selection
- The selection process
- Evaluating applicants
4 - Compensation and Benefits
- Total compensation
- Pay increases and incentives
- Compensation system design
- Benefits overview
5 - Employee Development
- Orientation, training, and development
- Training program design
- Training evaluation
6 - Performance Management
- Performance management systems
- Performance appraisal process
- Disciplinary action
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.